Thursday 13 August 2009

The Lion King

I am sure you are all familiar with this animated flick. I really liked the movie and actually saw it countless times growing up because it was often the feature presentation of the night while Alita was little. Alita watch The Lion King so many times that the VHS actually broke and would no longer work. It has more recently been replaced with a DVD by my parents so that future generations can enjoy this classic story.




There are many memories that I have from my childhood in relation to this movie. One in particular, that I think Scott might remember, is that oft quoted line by mother "This is the part where he faces his fears." It is one of the classics of the Disney animated movies. And if you have not seen it then I would suggest you need to put in your priority list of things to do.

If you don't have time to devote 90 minutes to watching a great film then might I suggest that you see the broadway version. It is currently in Calgary, so Megan and myself went and saw it the other night and we would have to described it as simply amazing.

Our camera is currently broken and also you are not allowed to take pictures during a live performance so I found this video that gives you some what of a taste.


The show was amazing! The show I refer to is The Lion King not The Rosie O'Donnell Show. Which is actually quite obvious by the fact that The Rosie O'Donnell Show is no longer on the air and The Lion King has been on Broadway for over ten years now.

But comments on The Rosie O'Donnell Show will be left for another post. Or fell free to comment on the show yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Dude whatever happened to rosie o'donnell. regardless, i love the lion king. I've never seen a live performance of it but would love to do that. I wish we lived closer I feel like we would have a lot of fun hanging out. I miss you cous. KEEP THE POSTS COMING!!!
    - Sara

    ReplyDelete