Sunday 1 April 2012

CAN YOU BELIEVE HE IS 2!!!!

It seems like just yesterday that they put this little thing on my belly and told me it was what had been growing inside of me for the past nine months. I still remember that day very vividly!! I remember being exhausted and then seeing this "thing" on me. I remember not really knowing how to feel. I went through a ton of emotions in a matter of minutes. My first thought was.. what is this thing... he was not the cutest thing I had ever seen, and he really looked like he had a head on top of his head. I know people talk about cone heads but this wasn't even close to that! So I was feeling like he was an ugly baby, and then I was feeling horrible and guilty about feeling like he was an ugly baby! I felt relief that he was finally here, and after they checked him I was grateful that they said he was perfect ( they had told me he had a high chance of Down Syndrome) so was thankful for that. Then after a few moments... I felt nothing but love for this little guy. That love has just continued to grow and grow and I can't believe that he turned 2 on Friday!

I have never really shown these pictures of Ben at first because of my feelings about his head but here it is for your enjoyment :)


Ha ha ha... I look at this picture now, and although I still think it is creepy and scary looking, I can't imagine it any other way! We love him and are really glad his head went back to normal and that he is slowly growing into it :)




He is the best little guy ever, and he keeps us laughing all the time. I can't imagine life without him. He has his own little (or big) personality and everyday is a new adventure with him.

We had a few people over for his birthday and he had alot of fun! We made homemade pizza and then had cake and ice cream! He is in love with Mickey Mouse and so I tried to make a cake all about Mickey and his clubhouse. It turned out all right, it was a bit messy as I don't really know how to ice a cake smooth, and then I tried to work with fondant a bit (not my strong point). As I was making it I was getting frustrated and said to Jeff, "this is another reason why I wished we lived closer to your brothers and their wives, then I could just pay Sue Ann (who is AMAZING at cake decorating) make my kids cakes for them!!

Opening one of the favorites ( from Cathy of course) BUBBLES!!!


Loves his train set from Auntie Jo and Uncle Kyle


Here is the cake!!


Just wanting to eat it, not take pictures with mom!!

Blowing out the candles.... can you believe two candles make that much smoke?? Probably because we had to light them about five times :)

We had a great day and just love this guy  so much and can't wait to see him grow up more!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN!!!





2 comments:

  1. Megan, you don't need me to make your cakes, it turned out amazing! I bet he loved it. However, we would still love to live by you. I hope he had a great birthday, sorry we didn't tell him happy birthday on Skype!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cakes rock! I don't even make cakes . . . brownies or cupcakes over here (with NO decoration). We totally spaced it, we thought about it at 7am our time on this b-day, so we'll have to tell him a late happy birthday later. Ben is one cute boy. We are looking forward to being with him.

    ReplyDelete