Wednesday 3 February 2010

Are We Idiots?

Last night was an exciting event. I bet it will be the only time that such an event will be exciting for us. We will be doing this same task again and again but I feel that the novelty will quickly wear off.

What is this magical event that got Megan and myself so excited. Well it was buying diapers of course.




Do we not understand what these things are for? Are we unaware of what smells come paired with the use of such a product? Do we not get the level of commitment required to use these? Are our synapses miss firing causing us to overlook the cost of these products? Can we for see what liquids and solids* we will have to deal with while we use these? Is our view that short sighted to grasp the sheer amount of these that will be use? Have we forgotten that other products like wipes and creams need to be purchased as well? Don't we realize what diaper rash is? Do we have any comprehension of leakage or explosions? Do we know if those are the offical terms?

Are we idiots?

Well the answer to most of those questions is No, our first hand experience is limited. Yes we are naive but more importantly we are just excited to have something to put inside a diaper.

Slowly we have been purchasing things for our baby as the months draw to a close (not soon enough for Megan) so we don't have a huge bill at the end of forty week of anticipation. But for some reason buying diapers was different. Can't wait for out BABY!



*I use the term 'solids' loosely

8 comments:

  1. Love the footnote! How fun for you guys....don't forget to blog the PICTURES once you've put that little someone in those diapers! Good luck and don't forget to have FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, you're not idiots. You are just blissfully naive and excited. Neither of which will ever completely go away. There is ALWAYS more to learn and look forward to with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know how we feel about diapers . . . we love them so much we make sure we keep track of each and every one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. use solids "loosely" GROSS!!! Can't wait to hear what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! I LOVE this, and my heart hurts cause I just want to be there, now AND when baby Salmon is born....tear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I miss you guys!! Anxiously awaiting the exciting news.
    P.S. Why are you never there when I skype with mom? (She always says: "Oh, they're coming soon" but you never do, hmmmmmm)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well look who it is! I just found your blog, how exciting! I had heard that you guys were having a baby. Congratulations! I've got a little salmon in the oven too. I've got way longer to go though, I just made it past the first trimester Yay! Hang in there Megan!

    ReplyDelete