Monday 22 March 2010

kEePiNg BuSy

Well.... I realized the other day when I bought some milk that the expiry date is after this baby is suppose to come!!! I'm not going to lie, I had a bit of a panic attack because as much as I think I am ready for this baby to come and to have a little relief from the constant pressure on my bladder, the braxton-hicks, and all the other lovely things that pregnancy brings, being uncomfortable 99% of the time, it freaked me out knowing that our baby could be here before that milk goes bad!! Weird I know... but we are both excited and scared for this little one to come!!!!!!!!! Hopefully it is soon.

In the mean time though I have kept myself busy here at home and Jeff has been a huge help. In the last couple of weeks this is what we have accomplished. I don't know if it is the pregnancy or what but I get these ideas in my head of things we need to do all of a sudden and they are stuck there until they get done. Jeff is so patient with me and although we bit off more then we could chew, we finally got everything done and now are just waiting.

First.... our kitchen here in our apartment is so tiny and it was just plain white and I don't know why but I hated it. I hate everything being white (sorry to those that love it) so I had the brilliant idea (well I thought so) to paint the kitchen cabinets to brighten up the place a little bit. Jeff was hesitant because he has probably painted cabinets before and knows the work that is involved in it... well there was nothing he could do to change my mind and I wasn't going to be happy until it was done. So being the wonderful husband he is, he gave in to my ever constant pressure of buying paint, and a new shelf because there was no storage for anything.

Well... after a couple of days of trying to paint and get it done, I realized that I should have listened to my husband cause it was alot of work. But in the end I was happy with the final outcome and it makes me happy walking into that little space now :)

Well I didn't take before pictures but here are a few of the final product!!!




And here are the new shelves that we bought, and Jeff put up one night when I was at work. It made me so happy to have something to put all of our stuff on !!!!

And our next project (that was actually really fun) was doing our nursery. Because we don't know the sex of this little one we wanted something that was very gender neutral... although I didn't want to do the typical green or yellow. So we started looking for bedding and my wonderful husband picked out this bedding. At first I wasn't sure, but I went with it because he was excited about it, and once we got it home and put it in the room, I thought it looked super cute!!! We bought the dresser of kijiji for like 30 bucks and then I just bought sample paint pots of the colours that matched the bedding and everything. I thought it turned out super cute (if I do say so myself!!!)

So here are a few pics of the finished project, although it isn't quite finished... when we bring this baby home, I am going to put their name under the clock in all the fun colours as well!!!

As you can notice... there are no pictures in the frames yet... don't worry they will be filled soon... well HOPEFULLY!!!!


So there you have it... the stuff we have been doing the last couple of weeks or so!! We are happy it is all done and now we just really want this little one to come to enjoy it!!! Hopefully in the next couple of days or so... we will be able to update this once again with pictures of our baby!! Thanks for all your support and wish us luck!!!!

7 comments:

  1. The room looks great. I want bright colors like that too. And the kitchen is sweeeeeet. Jeff is such a little sweetie. I keep on looking for updates everyday I hope the baby comes soon! Can't wait for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nursery looks adorable! It's perfect for any baby! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love LOVE the nursery! It's perfect, so cute! Good pick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its supposedly a 'nesting' phase (the wanting to get everything ready NOW), but I hate when people tell me that. I prefer to think I am just having an unusual burst of organization and creativity which has nothing to do with pregnancy hormones.

    It all looks really cute. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I had no idea my newest in-law was a professional decorator! We could use a few tips around this joint of ours . . . The girls are looking forward to a new cousin! Anya just told me she thinks your baby is a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE!!! Congrats on the "nesting" projects. Can't wait to read the next blog post here. Good luck, enjoy (if birthing a baby is enjoyable), and just love that little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megan!!! That nursery is adorable! Hope you have that baby soon! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!

    ReplyDelete