Friday 26 March 2010

Update




Well as you can tell from the picture.... I still have not had this baby!!! I feel huge and "ready to pop" I know I can't be disappointed because I am not due for another 4 days but I am not going to lie... I thought I would have had it by now!! I have contractions and they get to be pretty regular... well regular enough to start getting me excited thinking this is really it but then they disappear for hours at a time.

I went to my doctors again yesterday and everything is fine, although my blood pressure is starting to rise so they are going to be keeping an eye on this. It has sort of stressed me out which is probably not the best thing as that will just continue to make my blood pressure rise. They say it is normal at the end of pregnancy for women's blood pressure to rise so I am trying to not be too stressed. We shall see what happens. I have to go back to the clinic on Monday to be checked again. I am progressing... at least that is what they tell me... for some this may be TMI... but when she checked me yesterday I was 70% effaced and 2 cm dialated. That didn't make me super excited because the week before I was 70% effaced and 1 cm dilated... so it took me a whole week to go up one cm... at this rate I won't be having this baby until May!!! She said the head has moved back up a bit but is still slowly making its way down. She said she was hopeful it would be soon but couldn't promise anything. So again... I think I have my hopes up it will be soon but I am sure it won't!!

She then started talking about how they won't let me be pregnant forever.... REALLY??? I was concerned!! She said they would only let me go about 10 days past my due date and then they would induce!!!!!! 10 DAYS!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? That is like another two weeks. I honestly don't know if I can handle that. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining about pregnancy because I have had a wonderful pregnancy and a very "easy" one compared to others and for that I am very grateful... but to all those women who have been pregnant you know how uncomfortable EVERYTHING is. I don't know if it is just me but I am also getting crazy emotional about everything. My poor husband... doesn't know when he walks through the door what he is going to see... a crazy lady running around trying to get everything done or a crazy lady just sitting on the couch crying or a crazy lady that is ready to snap at everything he says or does!!! I have to say though that I married the right guy because he loves me no matter what and in a weird way I feel like this "craziness" has made us closer and I know that I love him way more today then I did the day I married him (which was alot) So I just want to say... I love you Jeff and hopefully soon we will have a little baby in our family!!!

Well... that was a really long update so sorry!! We will keep you posted!!!



5 comments:

  1. Do the Salmon's still have their trampoline? :) heheeheheh We use to play on that thing for hours when we were little. Maybe a couple jumps on that and you'll be up to 8cm or so. Thanks for the update. I just keep wondering when he/she will arrive! GOODLUCK! Love you Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are waiting everyday for news of that baby making his (or her) way into the world! I am sorry. I hate being 9 months prego.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I saw the "real thing" on Friday night. Good luck over the next few days. AND...just so you know, I'll be back on April 10th...and will be expecting to hold a newborn anytime from that evening until the 15th. Good luck and "enjoy the journey!" (Just a little EFY humour there...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The end of pregnancy, and waiting in horribly uncomfortable impatience is the worst. Don't listen to anybody's horror stories, and just try to be patient. I've had to go 10 days overdue and it didn't kill me, just don't think about it though. Hang in there and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg! You are hilarious! And SOOO stinking cute! Oh, I want to meet you baby SO bad! Please come and play baby, PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete