Tuesday 1 June 2010

Red Beard

When I mention Red Beard I am not talking about the 1965 Japanese doctor movie. Nor am I talking about the Belgian Comics, directly. And defiantly not the tactical nuclear weapon from the British 1960's Royal Air Force.

I speak of Hayreddin Barbarossa or Red Beard the Pirate. Or better put the Privateer. He ruled the Mediterranean for decades and became an Ottoman Admiral.

The reason I speak of such a man is because I think that he has been reborn as my son.




Benjamin rules our house. Admiral sounds like admire and we do that a lot. Ben has red hair like the Privateer. And he likes to have one eye closed and say "arr" which we all know are dead give aways for piratehood.

But you be the judge.

1 comment:

  1. I knew EXAACTLY who you were talking about when I saw the title...that'd be one cool great-nephew actually...and I have to say...he's got the looks...just need that BEARD...ARRRRRGGGG, Matey!!

    ReplyDelete